Sunday 22 June 2008

People in the camp

The camp life was great! Work like this gives you the unique possibility to get a better insight on the people who actually live in the area. As tourists you would usually only see them, but aren’t able to really meet them. It was very interesting for both sides I believe. Part of the time I felt a little bit like in a Zoo as the people always tried to touch me and be close to me. I always just put it off as being because they haven’t seen any white people or hardly any before. In addition I don’t think they have ever seen anyone as blond as I am which explains why they constantly touched my hair. Later I found out that they say that my hair is the “Hair of the Gods” which I found very cute… if they knew what a bi… bugger it is to try and comb my hair, which always knots up as it is so fine, they wouldn’t think that anymore LOL. We weren’t really able to talk with the people as they only spoke a few words of french (not that my french is any good ^^) and we only spoke a few words of Malagash, but we had a lot of fun anyway. They warmed up quickly and even though they always put on very serious faces for photos in the beginning they beat us in pulling awful faces in the end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Bluey!!! Great to read a bit more of your exploits. Keep it up! Linda.