Sunday 8 March 2009

Guard dog

We also had a guard dog. A dirty looking little dog came into the camp and decided to stay. He got the rest of the food (well from me anyway as Malagsy people never leave food) and what was leftovers from cooking. What we didn’t like at all is the way they are treating dogs in Madagascar. They only kick them and never give them a feed… they have to survive by themselves. Looking at our guard dog you just wanted to grab him and stick them in a washing machine, but he was cute and after a few pats (he has probably never been petted ever in his life) he was all happy and even wiggling his tail. I just feel sorry for him now that we are gone and can’t look after him. He always dug himself a little hole at the side of my tent and guarded it… he barked at everyone coming close to our camp. Sometimes we thought that he died, cause he laid on the ground without moving at all, even when the Malagasy people where throwing little sticks at him. Fortunately he was fine, well as fine as he could be.










I know... too many pictures... but I really liked the dog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The poor little thing!!! Mongrel people by the sounds of it!! I still don't know how come you never got sick!! Linda

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww...I just adour your sweet little guard dog. I wish you were able to bundle him up, stick him in a bag and bring him home with you.

Anonymous said...

He's a lovely dog. You do not have too many pictures